1. ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1.1 These additional Terms and Conditions (the “Additional Terms”) shall be read in conjunction with the General Terms and Conditions for Runners (the “General Terms”) which can be found at www.gopeople.com.au/terms-for-runners/.
1.2 Words which are defined in the General Terms have the same meaning in the Additional Terms unless the context requires otherwise.
2. PROVIDING THE SHIFT RUNNER SERVICE
2.1 The Application provides the Senders with an opportunity to make an advance booking of a Runner (the “Shift Runner”) for a minimum of three (3) hours delivery work, which can either be performed in the morning or afternoon or night (a “Shift”). Go People will find the Shift Runner as per the Sender’s requirements.
2.2 The Application provides you with an opportunity to:
- review the Shifts available; and
- apply for the Shifts.
2.3 Go People will use commercially reasonable endeavours to estimate the amount of time required to complete the Shifts (referred to as Estimated Working Time (“EWT”). The EWT is calculated based on factors such as the number of packages required to be picked-up and delivered and the distance required to be travelled which are provided to Go People by the Senders. These factors may change from time to time and Go People will use commercially reasonable endeavours update its EWT accordingly. However, Go People cannot guarantee that you can complete the work within the EWT as unexpected circumstances may occur such that the actual working/delivery time can be extended.
2.4 If you are engaged as a Shift Runner to perform the Morning or Afternoon Shift, you will be paid by the Sender on an hourly rate pro-rata basis based on the EWT (the “Delivery Services Fee”). You acknowledge and agree that you will only be paid for the period of the EWT and any period of time spent outside the EWT is not subject to any payment.
2.5 You agree that Go People is entitled to a commission fee for facilitating the delivery arrangement between you and the Sender (the “Commission Fee”).
2.6 Go People will hold the remainder (that is the difference between the Delivery Services Fee and Commission Fee, and will be referred to as the “Funds”) on your behalf, until you make a request to withdraw the money from your Account (the “Withdrawal”). Go People will make payment of the Funds once the Withdrawal is made in accordance with clause 4 of the Additional Terms.
2.7 Once the Jobs are completed in accordance with the delivery instructions by the Senders, Go People will make payment of the Funds to your Account within 48 hours, unless there is a Dispute about the Jobs.
2.8 If there is a Dispute about a Job, in order to facilitate a potential refund to the Senders, Go People will and you authorise Go People to:
- withhold the security bond you have deposited with Go People; and
- if there is no security bond deposited, Go People will withhold a minimum of $100 in your Account;
until the Dispute is resolved in accordance with clause 14 of the General Terms.
For each subsequent Dispute about a Job, Go People will withhold another minimum of $100 from your Account.
2.9 If Go People reasonably determines that you are liable for the loss and/or damage to the delivery goods, Go People will, and you authorise Go People, to deduct from your Account any amount owing to the Senders and/or Go People.
3. RECEIPT POLICY
3.1 Go People will provide you with a receipt, which outlines the full amount of the Delivery Services Fee plus GST in the event that you are registered for GST.
4. WITHDRAWAL POLICY
4.1 Withdrawal requests are:
- processed by Go People on each Monday and Thursday (during business hours and business days); and
- limited to one (1) on each Monday and Thursday of each week.
Where a Monday or Thursday is a public holiday in New South Wales, Go People will process the Withdrawal request on the next business day.
4.2 You should ensure that any Withdrawal requests are made before 11:59pm AEST on Sunday and Wednesday so that Go People can process the Withdrawal on Monday and Thursday respectively.
4.3 Following a Withdrawal request, Go People will provide you with a Withdrawal receipt for the full amount withdrawn.
5. ADDITIONAL FEES
5.1 There may be additional fees payable to you (if applicable):
- where you are required to wait for more than 10 minutes prior to being able to complete the pick-up or delivery as scheduled due to the Sender or the recipient not being at the site of the pick-up or delivery, the Sender is required to pay $0.00 for the first 10 minutes after the scheduled pick-up or delivery time and any waiting time thereafter shall be added to the delivery estimated work time (EWT) for final payment (the “Waiting Fee”). For instance, if the EWT is 3 hour and the Shift Runner is required to wait for an additional 40 minutes, the first 10 minutes waiting time is free but the additional waiting time of 30 minutes will be added to the EWT, making the EWT 3 hours and 30 minutes. The Sender shall pay the Shift Runner the final EWT of 3 hours and 30 minutes. When Go People actually receives the Waiting Fee from the Sender, Go People will hold the money on your behalf until you make a request to convert the Waiting Fee, in part or full;
- where you are required to return the items to be delivered, the Sender is required to pay a fee for the return of the items, being the standard GoNOW price to deliver the item from the current location of the item to the original departure address (the “Return Fee”). However, the Return Fee may be waived if you are returning to the original departure address for a Shift on the next Business Day. When Go People actually receives the Return Fee from the Sender, Go People will deduct any Commission Fee payable to Go People and hold the remainder of the fee on your behalf until you make a request to convert the Return Fee, in part or full; and
- where you are required to re-deliver the items from the current location of the item to a new destination address, the Sender is required to pay a fee for re-delivery if the distance you are required to travel is more than 1km. The fee will be the standard on-demand price (which shall not be less than $11.00 including GST) to deliver the item from the original drop-off location of the item to a new destination address (the “Re-delivery Fee”). When Go People actually receives the Re-Delivery Fee from the Sender, Go People will deduct any Commission Fee payable to Go People and hold the remainder of the fee on your behalf until you make a request to convert the Re-Delivery Fee, in part or full;
- where the Sender cancels the Shift with less than 1-day notice to Go People, the Sender is required to pay a cancellation fee of 30% of the Delivery Services Fee including GST (the “Sender Cancellation Fee”). Additional Sender Cancellation Fee may apply for special occasions such as Christmas or Valentine’s Day. When Go People actually receives the Sender Cancellation Fee from the Sender, Go People will deduct any Commission Fee payable to Go People and hold the remainder of the fee on your behalf until you make a request to convert the Sender Cancellation Fee, in part or full.
5.2 You acknowledge that you may be charged additional fees as a result of the delay and/or cancellation of the Shift Runner Service. The additional fees include:
- a delay fee of a minimum $5.50 including GST in accordance with the terms in Clause 5.3 of these Additional Terms (the “Delay Fee”);
- a cancellation fee of 30% of the Delivery Services Fee including GST where the Sender requests for the Shift Runner Service to be cancelled due to your delay or where you cancel the Shift with less than 1-day notice to Go People (the “Cancellation Fee”). Additional Cancellation Fee may apply for special occasions such as Christmas or Valentine’s Day;
- an administration fee of a minimum of $11.00 including GST where you fail to keep your GPS location service on at all times during the Delivery and that Go People is unable to track your location for more than 30 minutes;
- an administration fee of a minimum of $11.00 including GST each delivery item that you fail to pick up for the Job assigned to you; and
- an administration fee of a minimum of $11.00 including GST where you fail to deliver all items for the Shift.
5.3 You acknowledge and agree that when you are later than the agreed Shift starting time by more than 30 minutes, then the Sender has the right to cancel the Shift and you will be liable for the additional fees under 5.2(a) or (b).
5.4 In the event that an item is not delivered and,
- you are paid to return the item, then you must return the item to the place of collection by no later than 12:00pm of the next Business Day; or
- you are not paid to return the item, then you must return the item to the place of collection on your next visit to the Sender, which shall not be more than forty-eight (48) hour from receiving notice of the cancellation for non-perishable items (or twenty-four (24) hours for perishable items), unless otherwise agreed by the Sender.
Should you fail to return the item within this period of time, then not only do you have a continuing obligation to return the item to the place of collection, but you will also be charged an extra holding fee in the sum of $5.50 including GST per hour until the item is returned to the place of collection.
5.5 If Go People reasonably determines that the Additional Fees (if applicable) are payable by you, you authorise Go People to deduct the Additional Fees (if applicable) from your Account.
5.6 If you are unsatisfied with Go People’s determination in clause 5.5 of the Additional Terms, you can contact Go People by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org outlining why you believe you should not be held liable for the Additional Fees. Go People will consider your submission and make a further determination, such further determination not to be unreasonably made or delayed. If you are still unsatisfied with the outcome, you may have the matter determined by a mediator in accordance with the mediation process as set out in clause 14 of the General Terms.
6. REFUND POLICY
6.1 If a Sender is requesting a refund, you agree to immediately respond to Go People with respect to the Sender’s request for a refund within 48 hours from receiving notice of the request.
6.2 If you agree to refund the Delivery Services Fee to a Sender, or part thereof, you acknowledge that you will refund the Delivery Services Fee to Go People using Australian currency.
6.3 If for whatever reason you do not agree to refund the Delivery Services Fee to a Sender, you are required to refer this matter to dispute resolution pursuant to clause 14 of the General Terms.